Outings & Events
We meet at local parks, have picnics, enjoy story time, engage in creative crafts, pool parties and so much more. Some of the activities we have enjoyed in the past include trips to Riverbanks Zoo, Bouncy Bratz, Monkey Joe’s, Steed’s Dairy Farm, Edventure , strawberry picking at Gurosik’s Farm, story time at the pumpkin patch, Easter egg hunts… just to name a few!
These are small groups of members who meet weekly to allow kids and moms a chance to socialize. We have various playgroups for children of all ages. Playgroup locations usually rotate among the playgroup members’ houses, but exact location is up to the members’ discretion. Our members find that joining a playgroup is an invaluable way of making new friends, both for themselves as well as their children! We’ve also added some special groups to really focus on us MOMS! Some examples include:
* New Mommy Playgroup – This group is especially for new moms with babies age 18 months and under. What a great opportunity for new mommies to bond over the struggles and joys of life with a new baby! Of course, older siblings are always welcome to attend and join in on the fun.
* Toddler Playgroups – These playgroups are geared for toddlers, ages 24 – 36 months. Join us for lots of running and playing with lots of imagination and creativity. Toys, crafts and games will be more geared toward children this age. As always, siblings are welcome!
* Story Time – Join us for a special story time led by one of our own members. As moms, we have such great ideas for teaching our children and this is a chance for us to put our skills to use and share ideas. Each session consists of story time, followed by coordinating crafts, and snacks that fit the day’s theme. Kids and moms alike thoroughly enjoy this group.
* Mommy Crafts – Have you always wanted to learn how to knit? Need a little inspiration for your scrapbook? Here’s your chance to learn from our own talented members! Mommy Crafts offers moms the opportunity to “craft” while our children play. Projects vary depending on the interest of the group but we are always open to suggestions for crafting opportunities.
* Coffee Talk – Who doesn’t love to have a chat over coffee? Bring your kids to play while we enjoy coffee and each other. We also use this time to participate in a coupon swap. Bring any coupons you don’t need and swap with others for coupons you can use. Everyone benefits, and you can’t beat that!
Community Service Projects
Our club performs community service projects throughout the year. We do this to benefit our community and to teach our children the joys of giving to others. We have two great events coming up this year, so be on the lookout!
Moms Night Out
Moms Night Out (MNO) is a monthly outing for moms to enjoy each other’s company during a fun evening out. The activities change each month, but in the past have included: dinners out, game nights, movies, pot-lucks, bowling and much, much more. Meeting like this gives us an opportunity to get to know one another as individuals. It’s nice to find out what other members like to do (or what we once did!) when we’re not chasing children around.